Our collection, use and disclosure of your information, is governed in accordance with the law of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York County, New York State, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. We do not represent or warrant that the Site, or any functionality or feature thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to download, access or use the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations.
By downloading, accessing, using or submitting any information to the Site, users from outside the United States acknowledge that the Site is subject to U.S. law, and consent to the transfer of their information to the United States and any other jurisdiction, which may provide a different level of data security than in their country of residence, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We define the term “Personal Information” to mean any information that we directly associate with a specific person, or that reasonably can be used to identify a specific person. We and our third-
- Physical and mailing addresses;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address; and,
- Other personally identifiable information about you and third parties that you may choose to disclose (including by authorizing third parties to disclose) to Company and/or its third-party service providers and business partners, including by completing profile forms, completing applications, questionnaires or similar documents, communicating with customer service personnel, and otherwise interacting with Company and its third-party service providers.
Information We Collect Automatically:
We collect the following Other Information through your use of the Site:
Log Files: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system information, device manufacturer and model, the name and version of the software applications you are using, date/time stamp and other metadata, and clickstream data. We generally only use this data for purposes such as security, fraud detection, and protecting our rights.
Most Internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may result in your inability to take full advantage of all of the features of our services.
Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may also aggregate Personal Information collected about groups of individuals in order to detect overall trends of the users of our site. We may also de-identify information, which is the process by which we or our agents remove information that can be used to specifically identify a person from a particular data set.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information:
- To fulfil your requests, such as to process your applications, respond to your enquiries, and otherwise operate the Site;
- To send administrative information to you, including information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To send marketing communications to you that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties, including the Site, or our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, service providers, members, you or others, including through credit-fraud protection and risk reduction; and,
- For any other purpose to which you provide consent.
HOW WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION
Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers that may provide services such as hosting of the Site, data analysis, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, information and identity verification, background checks, credit checks, payment processing and other similar services;
- To our affiliates and unaffiliated third parties, consistent with your consent to receive marketing communications and services from service providers;
- By you, through messages and other functionality with which you are able to share or post information and materials. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, in connection with the Site;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, service providers, members, you or others, including through credit-fraud protection and risk reduction; or
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes:
How you can access your Personal Information:
If you would like to review or update your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by logging into your account within the Site, or, for certain Personal Information that is not reviewable through the Site, you may contact us using at firstname.lastname@example.org.